BRIDGETOWN, Barbados – The Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) will be holding its 2023 Annual News Conference in Barbados on Wednesday, January 18, 2023.
This year’s conference, under the theme “Creating the Best Future for the Caribbean,” will be held at the bank’s headquarters in Wildey, St Michael and will begin at 10:00 a.m. (AST).
What to expect
- Recommendations for driving regional transformation;
- A report on the Region’s progress towards the sustainable development goals;
- An overview of development effectiveness and impact of CDB interventions;
- A review of 2022 regional economic performance and the forecast for 2023;
- Results of CDB-supported projects implemented in 2022;
- A preview of planned projects, rationale and expected outcomes for 2023.
Statements and presentations will be delivered by senior officials of the bank, followed by a question and answer session.
- Dr Hyginus ‘Gene’ Leon, President;
- Isaac Solomon, Vice-President (Operations);
- Ann-Marie Warner, Deputy Director, Corporate Strategy;
- Ian Durant, Director, Economics Department;
- Daniel Best, Director, Projects Department.